Few things are more frustrating than knowing you were wronged by another person and feeling as though you have little chance of bringing justice to the situation. While this is a frustrating and understandable feeling, it does not need to be reality.
When clients contact my firm — Law Offices of David S. Secrest, A Professional Corporation — I help them level the playing fields against large defense firms, corporations and government entities. I represent clients in Santa Barbara and throughout the Santa Barbara Area, and I have focused on employment litigation for more than 20 years. I can help you receive the compensation you need for matters involving:
- Employment discrimination: If you were injured in the workplace because of discrimination based on age, gender, race, sexual orientation, ethnicity or disability, I can help you protect your rights moving forward.
- Wage and hour disputes: In most situations, employers are required to pay minimum wage, overtime, meal and rest breaks and other benefits to employees. If you were mis-classified as a manager or contract, I can help you fight for the wage you earned.
- Employment litigation and negotiation: I represent clients who were treated unfairly in the workplace, helping them receive their compensation, keep their job or compel their employer to act ethically in the future.
- Wrongful termination: If you think you were fired for unethical or illegal reasons, I can assess your situation to determine what factors were taken into consideration in your termination.
- Retaliation: Your employer or manager cannot take action against you if you tried to hold the company accountable for their illegal or deceptive actions.
- Harassment: If you are harassed at work because of your age, gender, religion or sexual orientation, I can help you take the necessary steps to protect your rights in the work environment.
- Estate planning: I work with clients who are interested in protecting their assets, planning for a deposition or drafting end-of-life health care documents.
- Catastrophic personal injury and wrongful death: If you were injured because of another person’s careless actions, or if you lost a loved one as a result of someone’s negligence, I can help you receive the compensation you need for medical bills, lost wages and funeral expenses.
When clients contact me, I strive to achieve the maximum result in the most efficient and expeditious way possible. Learn more about the compensation you could be entitled by working with an experienced Santa Barbara employment lawyer. Contact me online, or call 805-770-2660 to schedule your free initial consultation.